CAO® JUKEBOX HUMIDOR SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) ONLY, EXCLUDING ALASKA, HAWAII, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, VIRGINIA, AND WASHINGTON (STATE). YOU MAY NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF AND LOCATED IN ONE OF THE ELIGIBLE STATES OR D.C. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID OUTSIDE THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES AND D.C., IN ALASKA, HAWAII, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, VIRGINIA, WASHINGTON (STATE) AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED.
1. ENTRY PERIOD: The CAO Jukebox Humidor Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by General Cigar Co., Inc. (the “Sponsor”) begins at 12:00:01 am ET on May 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on June 30, 2013 (the “Entry Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to any individual who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the date of entry and a legal resident of (and residing at the time of entry in) one of the continental United States or D.C. (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Michigan, Virginia, and Washington (state)). The following individuals are NOT eligible to enter or win a prize: employees of Sponsor and Sponsor’s parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, brokers, printers, distributors and the advertising, promotional and judging agencies of each; employees of participating retailers and their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies; Promotion Mechanics, Inc. (the “Administrator”) and any other entities affiliated with the development and administration of the Sweepstakes; (aforementioned individuals and organizations collectively, the “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, spouse) of each such person, and persons living in the same household as each such person (whether related or not). Eligibility may be verified by Sponsor at any time. The Sweepstakes is void outside the continental United States and D.C., in Alaska, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Michigan, Virginia, Washington (state) and wherever prohibited.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Promotion Parties and judges, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Any entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion if he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules.
4. TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
Automatic entry with purchase: You will automatically receive one (1) entry for each box of eligible CAO® cigars you purchase from a participating retailer during the Entry Period. When shopping, be sure to note which boxes of CAO Cigars are designated as eligible for Sweepstakes entry, and note that different retailers may designate different varieties of CAO cigars as eligible. Further, note that the entries associated with a particular participating retailer will be held in a separate drawing pool (each such set of entries, a “Drawing Pool”). Entries will only be valid for the Drawing Pool which corresponds to the particular participating retailer, and entries will not be carried forward to any other Drawing Pool.
To enter without purchase: Hand print your name, home address, daytime phone number, email address (optional), date of birth and the words “CAO Jukebox Humidor Sweepstakes Entry” on a 3” x 5” card and mail to: CAO Jukebox Humidor Sweepstakes, PO Box 3553, Southbury, CT 06488-3553. Each card must be mailed in a separate, hand-addressed, stamped envelope, postmarked by June 30, 2013 and received by July 8, 2013. Further, on the lower front left of your envelope, you must write the name of the participating retailer whose Drawing Pool you wish to enter. See Section 13 below for how to obtain a list of participating retailers.
Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, photocopied, programmed or similar methods will be void. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or postage due entries, and such entries will be void. Entry information becomes the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant associated with any automatic entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry, at time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the email address by the email provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. RANDOM DRAWINGS/ODDS/PRIZE DESCRIPTION: On or about July 15, 2013, the Administrator (an independent judging organization) will conduct a separate random drawing from among the eligible entries received for each Drawing Pool, to select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner for each Drawing Pool. It is anticipated that seven (7) retailers will participate which will result in seven (7) Grand Prizes being awarded; however the number of participating retailers is subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, each Drawing Pool will be comprised of the eligible entries received whichcorrespond to a particular participating retailer. Entries will not be carried forward to any other Drawing Pool. Potential winners will be notified in accordance with Section 6 below. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Drawing Pool. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded per Drawing Pool, consisting of a CAO jukebox humidor, approximate retail value $2,500. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein, are not included as part of any prize package, and are solely the winner’s responsibility. See Section 6 below for details and additional restrictions.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Each potential winner will be notified by phone and/or email on or about July 16, 2013, to verify his/her eligibility and ability to accept the prize, and to obtain his/her complete contact information. If such a potential winner is not available or if there is no answer at the time any notification telephone call is made, a phone message will be left (if possible). Any such phone message or email will instruct the potential winner to call a specified telephone number or reply by email within three (3) full business days (measured in the local time zone) after the time that the notification message was left. Potential winner must reply as instructed to identify him/herself, confirm his/her eligibility and ability to accept the prize, and provide his/her complete contact information within such three (3) full business day period, or he/she will be disqualified. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winners may only be notified one time as set forth above for attempted prize notification. Each potential winner will subsequently be required to complete a notarized affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified in potential winner’s notification letter. Further, for tax reporting purposes, each potential winner will be required to provide Sponsor or its designee with a completed IRS W-9 form before the prize will be awarded. Proof of identity, age, and legal residence may be required to claim a prize. Any winner or potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion if: (a) he/she fails to provide any required information or properly completed documents within the required time period; (b) he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules; or (c) if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, any voicemail or message left is not returned, or any forms sent to potential winners are not timely returned as instructed. In the event of disqualification of a winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected from among the remaining applicable eligible entries via the means of winner determination described herein, pending verification of eligibility. If any prize remains unclaimed after three (3) potential winners have been notified for that prize, the prize may remain unawarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any incorrect or missing postal address, email address or phone number associated with an entry, or any change of address, email or phone number of entrant after entry submission. Any prize details not specified will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No prize transfer. Unless otherwise specified herein, no prize substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to unavailability, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. All other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded are winners' sole responsibility. Sponsor will not replace any lost, damaged or stolen prizes. Taxes on prizes and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes and not specified are the sole responsibility of the winners. Limit one (1) prize per household.
7. GENERAL: Promotion Parties and Internet/wireless access providers are not responsible for: (a) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, garbled, illegible or postage-due entries; (b) any technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof; or (c) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or other equipment related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Promotion Parties are not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants' or other individuals' attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of any conflict between any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any Sweepstakes advertising materials, the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, by reason of any acts of God, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, unusually severe weather, strikes or legal disputes (whether legal or illegal), industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and to select winner(s) from among the applicable eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entry must be made by the entrant and via the means described in these Official Rules only. You are not a winner until your entry has been verified and you have complied with these Official Rules.
9. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Promotion Parties, together with the respective officers, directors, employees, and agents of each (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use/misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors or any errors made in the advertisement of the Sweepstakes; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) changes to retailer policies and procedures that may interfere with the operation of the Sweepstakes; (f) claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy and the collection, use and/or sharing by Sponsor of personally identifiable information of the entrants; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Without limiting the foregoing, the Sweepstakes, all prizes, and all materials provided on or through any Sweepstakes-related website are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
10. PUBLICITY: By submitting an entry, you grant to Sponsor and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), voice, biographical information, entry and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing Sponsor, its affiliated companies, and the products or services of each, in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), biographical information, or entry.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
13. RULES/RETAILERS REQUESTS: To receive a copy of these Official Rules and a list of participating retailers, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: CAO Jukebox Humidor Rules and Retailers, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. Requests must be received by September 30, 2013. VT residents may omit return postage.
14. WHO WON?: To receive a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: CAO Jukebox Humidor Sweepstakes Winner List, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. Requests must be received by September 30, 2013.
SPONSOR: General Cigar Company, Inc., 10900 Nuckols Road, Suite 100, Glen Allen, VA 23060.
© 2013 General Cigar Company, Inc.
Need Help? Call Us: 800-216-7107 • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee © Thompson Cigar Inc. • Privacy & Security
Thompson Cigar - your most trusted source for cigars online and by catalog since 1915
Per the FDA's minimum age requirement, for tobacco purchase, your age will be verified based on the current legislation in your billing address location.
Thompson does not sell cigars to retailers of tobacco products nor does it otherwise sell or ship cigars on a wholesale basis. All cigars sold by Thompson are intended for personal consumption by its customers and resale thereof is strictly prohibited.