"STOGIES AND STEINS" SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("D.C.") ONLY, EXCLUDING ALASKA, HAWAII, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, VIRGINIA, AND WASHINGTON (STATE). YOU MAY NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF AND LOCATED IN ONE OF THE ELIGIBLE STATES OR D.C. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID OUTSIDE THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES AND D.C., IN ALASKA, HAWAII, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, VIRGINIA, WASHINGTON (STATE) AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED.
1. ENTRY PERIOD: The "Stogies and Steins" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") sponsored by General Cigar Co., Inc. (the "Sponsor") begins at 12:00:01 am ET on November 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on December 31, 2013 (the "Entry Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to any individual who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the date of entry and a legal resident of (and residing at the time of entry in) one of the continental United States or D.C. (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Michigan, Virginia, and Washington (state)). The following individuals are NOT eligible to enter or win a prize: employees of Sponsor and Sponsor's parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, brokers, printers, distributors and the advertising, promotional and judging agencies of each; employees of participating retailers and their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies; employees of Cigar City Brewing, LLC; and employees of Promotion Mechanics, Inc. (the "Administrator") and any other entities affiliated with the development and administration of the Sweepstakes; (aforementioned individuals and organizations collectively, the "Promotion Parties") and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, spouse) of each such person, and persons living in the same household as each such person (whether related or not). Eligibility may be verified by Sponsor at any time. The Sweepstakes is void outside the continental United States and D.C., in Alaska, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Michigan, Virginia, Washington (state) and wherever prohibited.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Any entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor's sole discretion if he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules.
4. TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
Automatic entry with purchase: You will automatically receive one (1) entry for each box of eligible Hoyo de Monterrey® or Excalibur® cigars you purchase from a participating retailer during the Entry Period. When shopping, be sure to note which boxes of Hoyo de Monterrey® or Excalibur® cigars are designated as eligible for Sweepstakes entry, and note that different retailers may designate different varieties of Hoyo de Monterrey® or Excalibur® cigars as eligible. Further, note that the entries associated with a particular participating retailer will be held in a separate drawing pool (each such set of entries, a "Drawing Pool"). Entries will only be valid for the Drawing Pool which corresponds to the particular participating retailer, and entries will not be carried forward to any other Drawing Pool.
To enter without purchase: Hand print your name, home address, daytime phone number, email address (optional), date of birth and the words "Stogies and Steins Sweepstakes Entry" on a 3" x 5" card and mail to: Stogies and Steins Sweepstakes, PO Box 3553, Southbury, CT 06488-3553. Each card must be mailed in a separate, hand-addressed, stamped envelope, postmarked by December 31, 2013 and received by January 7, 2014. Further, on the lower front left of your envelope, you must write the name of the participating retailer whose Drawing Pool you wish to enter. See Section 13 below for how to obtain a list of participating retailers.
Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, photocopied, programmed or similar methods will be void. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or postage due entries, and such entries will be void. Entry information becomes the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant associated with any automatic entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry, at time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned to the email address by the email provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. RANDOM DRAWINGS/ODDS/PRIZE DESCRIPTION: On or about January 14, 2014, the Administrator (an independent judging organization) will conduct a separate random drawing from among the eligible entries received for each Drawing Pool, to select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner for each Drawing Pool. It is anticipated that seven (7) retailers will participate which will result in seven (7) Grand Prizes being awarded; however the number of participating retailers is subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, each Drawing Pool will be comprised of the eligible entries received whichcorrespond to a particular participating retailer. Entries will not be carried forward to any other Drawing Pool. Potential winners will be notified in accordance with Section 6 below. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Drawing Pool.
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded per Drawing Pool, each consisting of a 3 day/2 night trip for winner (traveling alone and without any guest) to the Tampa, Florida area, including: round trip coach air travel for winner from the major gateway airport closest to winner's residence (airports determined solely by Sponsor); single-occupancy hotel accommodations for two (2) nights at a hotel selected by Sponsor; activities as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; and a grand total $150 stipend provided to winner in the form of prepaid debit card(s) and intended to be used by winner for ground transportation and meals but issued without restriction. The total approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $2,400. Actual value of prize may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor, or trip will be forfeited in its entirety. Travel dates are anticipated to take place during April or May of 2014 on a Thursday through Saturday itinerary, but are subject to change as deemed necessary by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All travel arrangements must be made through the Sponsor or Sponsor's designee. Certain restrictions may apply. The prize winner must possess all required travel documents. It is the responsibility of the winner to provide proper documentation (including government issued picture identification and/or passport, as required). Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel route and select accommodations in its sole and absolute discretion. The winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. The round trip air transportation element for the prize begins and ends at the point of departure. The prize is subject to seat and accommodation availability, as well as Sponsor's terms and conditions generally applicable thereto. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Sponsor is not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the winner at the time of notification. Prize winner is also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at his/her option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by Sponsor's transportation carrier(s) and accommodations of choice. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein, are not included as part of any prize package, and are solely the winner's responsibility, including, but not limited to: taxes, additional meals and beverages, additional ground transportation, travel insurance, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, merchandise, souvenirs, telephone calls, tips, gratuities and service charges. Winner must provide hotel with a major credit card issued in his/her name to cover room security and incidental expenses, if any. In the event a prize winner engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor or any prize provider in its or their sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early. If a winner lives within 200 miles of the trip destination (as determined by Sponsor), Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation in lieu of airfare at its sole discretion, and any difference in value will not be awarded. If any element of the Grand Prize is cancelled, postponed or unavailable, the remaining portion of the Grand Prize will be awarded as complete and final, and no substitute compensation will be offered. See Section 6 below for details and additional restrictions.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Each potential winner will be notified by phone and/or email on or about January 15, 2014, to verify his/her eligibility and ability to accept the prize, and to obtain his/her complete contact information. If such a potential winner is not available or if there is no answer at the time any notification telephone call is made, a phone message will be left (if possible). Any such phone message or email will instruct the potential winner to call a specified telephone number or reply by email within three (3) full business days (measured in the local time zone) after the time that the notification message was left. Potential winner must reply as instructed to identify him/herself, confirm his/her eligibility and ability to accept the prize, and provide his/her complete contact information within such three (3) full business day period, or he/she will be disqualified. In Sponsor's sole discretion, such potential winners may only be notified one time as set forth above for attempted prize notification. Each potential winner will subsequently be required to complete a notarized affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified in potential winner's notification letter. Further, for tax reporting purposes, each potential winner will be required to provide Sponsor or its designee with a completed IRS W-9 form before the prize will be awarded. Proof of identity, age, and legal residence may be required to claim a prize. Any winner or potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor's sole discretion if: (a) he/she fails to provide any required information or properly completed documents within the required time period; (b) he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules; or (c) if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, any voicemail or message left is not returned, or any forms sent to potential winners are not timely returned as instructed. In the event of disqualification of a winner, at Sponsor's sole discretion the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected from among the remaining applicable eligible entries via the means of winner determination described herein, pending verification of eligibility. If any prize remains unclaimed after three (3) potential winners have been notified for that prize, the prize may remain unawarded, in Sponsor's sole discretion. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any incorrect or missing postal address, email address or phone number associated with an entry, or any change of address, email or phone number of entrant after entry submission. Any prize details not specified will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No prize transfer. Unless otherwise specified herein, no prize substitution except at Sponsor's sole discretion due to unavailability, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per household.
7. GENERAL: Promotion Parties and Internet/wireless access providers are not responsible for: (a) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, garbled, illegible or postage-due entries; (b) any technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof; or (c) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or other equipment related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Promotion Parties are not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants' or other individuals' attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of any conflict between any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any Sweepstakes advertising materials, the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, by reason of any acts of God, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, unusually severe weather, strikes or legal disputes (whether legal or illegal), industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and to select winner(s) from among the applicable eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entry must be made by the entrant and via the means described in these Official Rules only. You are not a winner until your entry has been verified and you have complied with these Official Rules.
9. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Promotion Parties, together with the respective officers, directors, employees, and agents of each (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use/misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors or any errors made in the advertisement of the Sweepstakes; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) changes to retailer policies and procedures that may interfere with the operation of the Sweepstakes; (f) claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy and the collection, use and/or sharing by Sponsor of personally identifiable information of the entrants; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Without limiting the foregoing, the Sweepstakes, all prizes, and all materials provided on or through any Sweepstakes-related website are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
10. PUBLICITY: By submitting an entry, you grant to Sponsor and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), voice, biographical information, entry and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing Sponsor, its affiliated companies, and the products or services of each, in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), biographical information, or entry.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
13. RULES/RETAILERS REQUESTS: To receive a copy of these Official Rules and a list of participating retailers, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Stogies and Steins Rules and Retailers, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. Requests must be received by February 28, 2014. VT residents may omit return postage.
14. WHO WON?: To receive a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Stogies and Steins Sweepstakes Winner List, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. Requests must be received by February 28, 2014.
SPONSOR: General Cigar Company, Inc., 10900 Nuckols Road, Suite 100, Glen Allen, VA 23060.
© 2013 General Cigar Company, Inc.
Need Help? Call Us: 800-216-7107 • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee © Thompson & Co. of Tampa, Inc., All Rights Reserved • Privacy & Security
Thompson Cigar - your most trusted source for cigars online and by catalog since 1915
Per the FDA's minimum age requirement, for tobacco purchase, your age will be verified based on the current legislation in your billing address location.
All references to "mild", "medium" and "full" are only descriptors of flavor profile. No cigar should be considered to have a modified risk of harm, as compared to any other cigar, based on its flavor profile.
Thompson does not sell cigars to retailers of tobacco products nor does it otherwise sell or ship cigars on a wholesale basis. All cigars sold by Thompson are intended for personal consumption by its customers and resale thereof is strictly prohibited.